SSC-32 Servo Controller
This is the best servo controller value available. 32 channels of 1uS resolution servo control. Bidirectional communication with Query commands. Synchronized, or "Group" moves. 12 Servo Hexapod Gait Sequencer built in. MiniSSC-II emulation, like having 4 of them. Plus much more!
These specifications pertain to firmware version 2.01XE:
- Microcontroller = Atmel ATMEGA168-20PU
- EEPROM = 24LC32P (Required for 2.01GP)
- Speed = 14.75 MHz
- Internal Sequencer = 12 Servo Hexapod (Alternating Tripod)
- Serial input = True RS-232 or TTL, 2400, 9600, 38.4k, 115.2k, N81
- Outputs = 32 (Servo or TTL)
- Inputs = 4 (Static or Latching, Analog or Digital)
- Current requirements = 31mA
- PC interface = DB9F
- Microcontroller interface = Header posts
- Servo control = Up to 32 servos plug in directly
- Servo type supported = Futaba or Hitec
- Servo travel range = 180°
- Servo resolution = 1uS, .09°
- Servo speed resolution = 1uS / Second
- Servo motion control = Immediate, Timed, Speed or Synchronized.
- PC board size = 3.0" x 2.3"
- VS current capacity = 15 amps per side, 30 amps max
The SSC-32 (serial servo controller) is a small preassembled servo controller with some big features. It has high resolution (1uS) for accurate positioning, and extremely smooth moves. The range is 0.50mS to 2.50mS for a range of about 180°. The motion control can be immediate response, speed controlled, timed motion, or a combination. A unique "Group Move" allows any combination of servos to begin and end motion at the same time, even if the servos have to move different distances. This is a very powerful feature for creating complex walking gaits for multi servo walking robots. The servo's position or movement can be Queried to provide feedback to the host computer. There is even a 12 servo Hexapod sequencer built in. This allows complete control of all aspects of the alternating tripod gait simply by transferring a few values from the host controller. Any output can be used as a TTL level output. There are 4 digital inputs that are static or latched, so you don't have to worry about missing a short event. They can also be used as analog inputs. There are three terminal blocks for powering options. The DB9 input has true RS-232 levels for use with a PC.
Product Code [SSC-32]
Price: $60.00 + gst